Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the vacancy of Senior Procurement Officer within Bukomansimbi District Local Government.
Application forms PSC Form 3 (Revised 2008) are obtainable from the Office of the Public Service Commission, Kampala, and District Service Commissions country wide, Chief Administrative Officer’s Offices and Town clerks offices or www.psc.co.ug.
|Job Title||Senior Procurement Officer|
|No. of vacancies||1|
|Age Limit||22-50 years|
Filled forms (3) copies must be accompanied by 3recent coloured pass port size photographs plus CERTIFIED copies of all relevant certificates, transcripts, appointment letters plus any other document you may deem necessary for the post, to reach the Secretary District Service Commission, P.O. Box 293, Masaka not later than 30th April, 2017.
Serving officers should route their applications through their Heads of Departments who should be advised of the closing date to avoid delays.
EITHER an Honors Bachelors Degree in Procurement/Purchasing and Supplies or Business Administration (with a bias in Procurement and Supplies) or Commerce (with a bias in Procurement and Supplies), plus a post graduate Diploma in Public Procurement Management from a recognized institution,
OR full Professional qualification in Supply Chain Management (CIPS) plus a post graduate Diploma in Public Procurement Management from a recognized awarding institution.
B) Key Competences required for the post
- Procurement, Disposal and Contract Management;
- Information and Communication Technology;
- Ethics and Integrity;
- Concern for Integrity and Standards;
- Time Management.
C) Working Experience:
Should have at least three (3) years of relevant working experience as a procurement officer from a public or reputable organization.
D) Key Duties of the Post/Key Result Areas:
- Enforcing adherence to procurement regulations (Government or Donor)
- Preparing bidding documents and contracts;
- Developing appropriate systems, procedures and guidelines for procurement secretariat and contracts committee;
- Evaluating bids for high value and specialized procurements and disposals;
- Preparing; administering and issuing approved contracts and services done.
SECRETARY DISTRICT SERVICE COMMISSION/BUKOMANSIMBI