EXTERNAL JOB ADVERT 004/2019
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the following vacancies existing within Bukomansimbi District Local Government.
Application forms PSC (Form 3) are obtainable from the Office of the Public Service Commission, Kampala, and District Service Commissions country wide, Chief Administrative Officers’ Offices and Town Clerks’ offices or www.psc.co.ug.
Filled forms (3) copies must be accompanied by 3-recent coloured pass port size photographs plus CERTIFIED copies of relevant Certificates and Transcripts to reach the Secretary District Service Commission, P.O. Box 293, Masaka not later than 13th September 2019 before 5:00pm.
Serving officers should route their applications through their Heads of Departments who should be advised of the closing date to avoid delay.
Applicants who do not hear from Bukomansimbi District Service Commission after selection should consider their applications unsuccessful.
No. of Vacancies
Clerk of Works
Works and Technical Services
Details of the Job Description and Specifications for the above advertised posts can be obtained from the following offices: Public Service Commission, District Service Commissions countrywide, or visit Ministry of Public Service website www.publicservice.go.ug. Or Bukomansimbi District Local Government Website www.bukomansimbi.go.ug.
Note 1: Please indicate on your PSC form reliable Postal Addresses, Telephone contact and e-mail addresses.
A.G. SECRETARY DISTRICT SERVICE COMMISSION-BUKOMANSIMBI
DEPARTMENT: WORKS AND TECHNICAL SERVICES
Job Title: Clerk of Works
Salary Scale:Contract Basis
Reports to: District Engineer
To oversee the day-to-day supervision of the construction works, for the duration of the civil works implementation to ensure value for money at the site.
- Carry out full-time day to day detailed supervision of the construction works at the allocated site.
- On a day to day basis monitor the contractor’s work programme, number of contractors’ specified personnel and equipment on site, quality of works, quality of material, and compliance with the drawings and specifications to ensure adherence to all building codes, and health and safety regulations on behalf of the client.
- Ensure that the required standards of quality and accuracy of work and material are maintained, including taking samples of materials, concrete slump tests, concrete test cubes, etc, by expeditiously and carefully reviewing test procedures of the contractors.
- Check the drawing for any obvious errors in dimensions and detail and compare with specifications for discrepancies.
- At the commencement of the contract, check grid levels of the site with the contractor.
- Check all setting out and site levels.
- Examine the contractor’s progress schedule, check and record progress of the work and note ay delays with reason.
- Settle minor problems of detail arising on site to ensure that work proceeds in an effective, workman like and economical manner.
- Check all baselines, setting out and levels. Check the position, dimensions and plimb of all formwork before concrete is poured, and of all structural members, walling, etc.
- Check whether any rebates, mortise, holes fixings etc are required in the structure before pouring concrete and check sizes and positions of these items in the formwork before concrete is poured, and of all structural members, walling, etc.
- Ensure adherence to the specifications and conditions of the contract by the contractor.
- Ensure that there is adequate interrelationship between and among stakeholders during implementation of the project and update them on technical aspects of the project.
- Ensure that the Contractor keeps the site tidy.
- Issue necessary site instructions to ensure good quality and workmanship plus compliance to specifications provided the instructions don’t have cost implications.
- Approve materials for construction before incorporation into the works.
- Ensure that all construction work is accomplished as required in accordance with the approved work program.
- Ensure that the contractor adheres to safety regulations(safety measures will include provision of safety helmets, boots, guard rails, safety equipment, site signs, first aid equipment, etc).
- Maintain a dairy to record the progress of construction, delays, weather conditions and site visitors and other significant facts, and submit weekly reports.
- Endorse day work sheets with certification in respect of hours worked and materials used.
- Check and ascertain that the contractor prepares for site meetings as and when they are due.
- Attend to the site on all occasions and attend all scheduled site meetings and submit written progress reports every week, and monthly progress report.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the appointing authority.
Qualifications: Ordinary Diploma in Building and Civil Engineering from a recognized institution.
Experience: Should have at least 5 years’ experience of which 3 years is in construction supervision of similar structures.
- Computer skills in MS-word,MS-Excel and Internet applications are essential
- Good interpersonal and communication skills is a requirement.
- Knowledge of the local language(s) in the District will be an added advantage.